Thursday 5 June 2014

Baked sardines

This tiny, silver and delicate fish with distinctive flavor; and most importantly very healthy, because it contains large amounts of omega-3; tastes better grilled, but I assure you that baked in the oven is also delicious:). When buying the fish, remember that fresh sardines should be silvery and shiny, and their eyes should not be sunken or yellowish, but bright and clear. Fresh fish smell like the sea but have no strong odor, which usually indicates spoilage.


Ingredients (serves 2):

6-8 fresh sardines
a few slices of lemon or lime
coarse sea salt
a few sprigs of thyme


Method:

Preheat the oven to 220ºC.

Wash the sardines under cold running water and dry them with paper towels. Line baking tray with baking paper and sprinkle with coarse salt. Place the fish on it and top with lemon or lime slices and thyme sprigs; sprinkle with salt.


Put the tray into the oven and reduce the temperature to 200ºC. Bake for about 20 minutes.


While eating discard heads and guts.




Enjoy !!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm Rebecca from MyNaturalFamily.com. I shared a link to your recipe on my post
    http://www.mynaturalfamily.com/recipes/fish-recipes/10-of-the-best-easy-baked-fish-recipes/

    I want to make sure it's ok with you that I did so. Please let me know if you want me to remove your image.

    I would love if you could share a little love by sharing the post on your social media accounts. After all, in the end it will help you get more traffic too.

    I am also open to other collaboration ideas so please let me know if you have ideas of how we can help grow each other’s blogs.

    Get More Traffic

    In case you're not already a member of our sister site, InspiringCooks.com I would like to invite you to join it.

    I was frustrated with how much work it is to submit to food submission sites so I created my own site kind of like Food Gawker. The main difference is that you don't have to submit each recipe. All you need to do is fill out this form - http://inspiringcooks.com/submit-recipes/ and we will add your recipe images for you with a link to your site (no recipe on our site). We will also promote your content by pinning both directly from your site and from our site.

    Bonus - when you join Inspiring Cooks, you can also request to be added to My Natural Family’s most popular group boards on Pinterest.

    Make More Money

    I make over six-figures on My Natural Family and I wrote a blog post all about how I do it. I think/hope there are some ideas in it that could help you make more money with your blog - http://www.mynaturalfamily.com/earn-six-figures-blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I would like to use a picture from you. Is it possible to by a picture? We want to create wallpaper of it at the restaurant from my high school. I hope to hear from you

    ReplyDelete
  3. While both white and brown versions of best basmati rice provide vital nutrients, brown basmati rice contains more fiber, phosphorus, zinc, and B vitamins. Brown basmati rice is also lower on the glycemic index.

    ReplyDelete